Friday, March 13, 2009

The Journey Begins

This blog will chronicle the journey with my new Pentax K20D digital SLR Camera. I have wanted this camera since if first hit the market ... and I just recently got it when the prices began to drop. Right now all I have is the kit lens, SMC DA 18-55mm f/4.0-5.6 AL II. While this is "only" a kit lens, I have been impressed with the build and performance. Following is a picture of the camera I have along with the lenses I want to get;


As with any piece of equipment of this sophistication, it will take me some time to become completely comfortable with it. For me, that means hundreds of shots around the house playing with every feature until I'm comfortable. Both the cat and the dog are becoming blind from the never ending barrage of flash attacks and my poor son now hides from me whenever he sees the camera out.

The Cat giving me the "What For"

We have a trip planned to the East Coast next month and I hope to find a whole half of the country unaware of who I am and what it means to see a camera in my hands.

Anyway, I plan on posting some of my images, and share some of what I learn, both of the camera and photography in general.
Mining Mill 1878
Equipment Used;
Body: Pentax K20d w\Battery Grip D-BG2
Lens: Pentax smc DA18-55 f4-5.6 AL II
Flash: Built In

No comments:

Post a Comment